Fr Norris contemplations on St Ignatius spiritual exercises.

Judgment of ourselves. 
Must We picture ourselves before the throne of God. Try and picture our judgment.What would the sentence just and omnipotent judge pass on us? Try and anticipate the sentence. In use bluffing yourself, God knows your inner most thoughts. The devil would use everything against me. My Guardian Angel would reproach me. The just and all holy judge, may love me but He hates my s in. I have used my best hypocrisy in actions. Appear good but do they really an ulterior motive behind Them. eg I would stay a quarter of a hour longer in the chapel to show how holy I was? If I have made this meditation badly it will count against me as by doing so I have spurned God's graces Which are bountiful in the meditation. The meditation adds to my responsibility.I can not plead ignorance to the Almighty judge. I could not ask for one more day to repent. Keep yourself free from sin now, so that you will not need the extra day. Keep to the truth. What have I done penances During life. When have I mortified myself.What effort have I made to Overcome my passions and become detached from worldly attractions? God has Given me all the grace I need.

Mark Baird

Fr Norris in Japan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bishop of Rome Francis presides over the celebration of the Eucharist during which he takes possession of the St. Paul's Basilica