St Benedict's rule

When I first started going to the monestary I had a vision of 3 men standing in front of me while I slept, I was conscious of where I was and I couldn't hear what they were talking about but one guy was clearly disagreeing with the others. 

I continued to return to Kopua over the next 15 years and after marrying moved to Norsewood a small village 10km away.

In this first post I want to write about the way of monastic life and my experiences, the people who play a good part in my formation. Becoming more Christ-like is so hard, even with the awesome power of the Sacraments. Sin is always easy and very close by.

I have been reading "Merton" and the vow of stability is moving me to a greater degree of humility/humiliation this is a good but difficult time for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bishop of Rome Francis presides over the celebration of the Eucharist during which he takes possession of the St. Paul's Basilica

Lent reflection Mark Baird 2018