Pope Francis at Mass: fighting evil with meekness and humility

Pope Francis at Mass: fighting evil with meekness and humility
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.

What a good Homily  to the point, I do notice that Francis is using 'the prince of this world' maybe a softer less scary word than satan or the devil but do you think it dis-empowers all the devil worshipers? I hope so. I believe the reading today is reminding us not to be afraid but remember that Jesus is here, with the Advocate.

"Here then is the reason that the hatred and persecution continue from the early days of the Church even unto the present day. There are, “Many persecuted Christian communities in the world,” said Pope Francis, noting with bitterness, “indeed there are more persecuted communities in this time than in the early days: today, right now, in this day and in this hour.” Asking himself why this is the case, the Pope said, “Because the spirit of the world hates.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bishop of Rome Francis presides over the celebration of the Eucharist during which he takes possession of the St. Paul's Basilica